Assignment: Communication Portfolio – Business E-Mail
Bob Frost, CEO of Anthony’s Orchard, will be making a presentation to a number of international investors and managers via web conference. He has asked the members of his executive team to draft an e-mail providing him with tools, tips, and resources to ensure an effective meeting.
To prepare for this Assignment:
Review this week’s Learning Resources, especially:
· Quintanilla, K. M., & Wahl, S. T. (2020). Business and professional communication: KEYS for workplace excellence (4th ed.) Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications.
· Chapter 8, “Technology In The Workplace”
· Center for Creative Leadership. (Producer). (2017). Four behaviors to help you calm work conflicts [Audio podcast]. Retrieved from https://www.ccl.org/multimedia/podcast/calming-conflict/
· Curseu, P. L., Schalk, R., & Wessel, I. (2008). How do virtual teams process information? See attachments
· Dekker, D. (2007). Effective versus See attachments
· Laureate Education (Producer). (2015). Sample corporate website: Anthony’s Orchard. Retrieved from https://mym.cdn.laureate-media.com/2dett4d/Walden/MMSL/6115/02/anthonys_orchard_website/index.html
· Mind Tools. (2018). Working in a virtual team; Using technology to communicate and collaborate. Retrieved from https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/working-virtual-team.htm
To complete the Communication Portfolio Assignment,
Compose a cohesive document that addresses the following:
· Provide a brief description of what it means to embrace diversity in the context of conducting business across cultures.
· Describe cultural dimensions related to communication practices.
· Describe practices that establish trust in a virtual environment.
· How might the CEO engage members of an individualist culture in a virtual environment? Collectivist?
· Provide an evaluation of various collaborative tools the CEO can use for his meeting.
· Discuss some of the logistics involved in planning a virtual meeting.
· What types of other technology tools are available to help ensure a successful meeting?
· How can the CEO apply effective leadership strategies to manage the meeting?
· 2–3 pages in length
· APA citing
Architecture and Design
Business & Finance
Human Resource Management
Copyright © 2019 HomeworkMarket.com