Penn Specific Essays for Admission
Penn Specific Essays 2021-2022:-
– Considering the specific undergraduate school you have selected, how will you explore your academic and intellectual interests at The University of
Pennsylvania? (300-450 words / 2295 characters**)
– At Penn, learning and growth happens outside of the classroom, too. How will you explore the community at Penn? Consider how this community will help
shape your perspective and identity, and how your identity and perspective will help shape this community. (150-200 words / 1020 characters**)
Please find the link to the essay requirements :
• Demographics: 18 year old male, Chinese Asian from Singapore
• Strong leadership track record
• Intended major: Electrical Engineering
• Applying to UPenn – School of Engineering & Applied Sciences
• Subject of interest
(a) Electrical Engineering Major (Intended Major)
In the department of Electrical and Systems Engineering of School of Engineering and Applied Science.
-I am very good in and have strong passion in science and maths
– Enjoyed dismantling things into parts, finding out electronic gadget works. I love to understand how things work and use design and technology to impact
wide variety of people and make the world a better place
-I visit my father’s hometown, a small village in Guizhou China when 10 years old. My remote controlled car broken down. My uneducated uncle fix the car
and impressed me. Apparently, he self-studied relevant books and can fix all kind of electrical appliances such as TV, radio, generator, motor bikes for all the
– (b) Economics (probably a minor?)
– Took an advanced Economics course in Singapore University during High School
– Wish to pursue minor in Economics in College of Arts and Sciences, in particular syllabus -ECON 261 (Topics in Development) as able to learn about
inequality, population, and resource factors that limit progress in developing countries. Find real world applications for my passion in social injustice.
Witnessed most disturbing scenes of poverty in villages located in mountainous areas of Guizhou, China when I was ten years old.
-What communal aspects of UPenn appeal to my learning style?
Promotes creativity and innovation. Provides interdisciplinary education and research. Theory linked with real world practice.
Various community services
Organised Poverty Awareness Week, The Food Issue: Bring our own reusable
Organised blood donation drive, helping at homes for the disabled and orphanage
Organised webinar on metal wellness for students across different schools in my district during Covid lockdown period.
Hope to extend similar activities in Red Cross Club, Active Mental Clubs etc in Upenn