Select one question as your DQ 1
· Follow the 3 x 3 rule: minimum three paragraphs per DQ, with a minimum of three sentences each
· All answers or discussions comments submitted must be in APA format according to Publication Manual
American Psychological Association (APA) (7th ed.) ISBN: 978-1-4338-3216-1
· Minimum of two references, not older than 2015.
Chapter 10: Patient Education and Patient-Centered Care in Professional Nursing Practice
1. One recent change on some nursing units has been the establishment of walking rounds to patient
rooms during change of shift report. Using this model, the nurses, patient, and family members (if the
patient wishes) are all involved in the exchange of information during the transition of care to the nurse
coming on shift. Can you think of any other changes that you have observed in the healthcare setting that
help to facilitate a PCC environment?
2. Think about your own life. Do you act to prevent a disease or accident when you perceive that you are
not susceptible to the disease or at risk for the accident?
3. Have you ever been assigned to read a book that had so many big words in it that you had to keep the
dictionary by your side? If it was assigned for school, you probably struggled through it for the sake of not
failing the test, but what about if you were not being graded? Would you bother to read it? If you did read it
because you knew it would help you, would you have enough understanding to actually apply the