In this assignment you will write case briefs for the SHERLOC database.
FORMAT: The case brief will be submitted as a MS office file, but you will work in a template provided by the UNODC SHERLOC team.
1. Study the details of the assigned case.
2. Collect more information from public sources on the case.
3. Find other relevant court files for the case that you have been assigned. The most useful court files are indictments and judgments/plea agreements. Please note that the SHERLOC team only released those case briefs to the public which are accompanied with a guilty judgment or plea agreement admitting guilt.
4. Enter information into the template. Here are some expected length dimensions for the substantive sections in the template:
Fact summary (min. 300 words or more)
Commentary (min. 250 words or more)
6. Submit the completed template and accompanying court files
The final grade in this assignment will be based on the following:
– Quality of the case brief (procedural and factual details; commentary, etc.). Submit the case brief as MS Office file. All information must be entered in the template provided above.
– Submission of all court files you used to find information for the case brief (the court files will be uploaded in the bottom of the case brief when it is released on the website). Submit them as pdf attachments.