1. Choose a state (other than Illinois) or country (if you would rather do international research on this topic).
2. Find OFFICIAL (will probably be from a government agency) information regarding the laws and regulations around alcohol sales in restaurants.
3. Answer the following questions:
a. Are there restrictions on when (time of day and/or day of week) alcohol can be sold for on-premise consumption?
b. What are the steps in getting an alcohol permit for your location?
c. IF you chose a location outside of the United States, what is the legal drinking age?
4. Find one additional resource (does not have to be official government agency) that covers the same location. This can be a video, article, industry blog, etc.
5. Reflect on all of these materials. What did you find most surprising about the laws you found? Were there any “odd” laws or regulations for the place you chose? How do you think these laws and regulations impact the local economy and businesses?
Name of the location you chose.
Hyperlink to the laws and regulations information you found.
Hyperlink to the additional resource you identified.
Answers to the previous questions.
Reflection on the materials you found. (2-3 paragraphs)