SELECT ONE MUSEUM OF THE LIST OF MUSEUMS: (these links are to the “collections” pages – you will
have to select and fill out some information before moving on the art works you will review):
1) Guggenheim Museum NYC:
2) National Gallery of Art WashingtonD.C.
3)MetropolitanMuseum of Art NYC: https://www.metmuseum.org/toah/works/#!?theme=Departments-%2FCollections
4) Los Angeles County Museum of Art:
5) Getty Museum (Center):
1) Select 10 art works (paintings, sculpture, art objects etc) that you find interesting and compelling. Think
in terms of what you have learned about observing art and pick art works that grab your attention.
2) Upload all images to your paper.
3) Identify each art work in your paper with the title, the artist name, the date, materials.
4) Discuss each art work in terms of what draws you to it – color, composition, style, size, medium? Tell
some facts about each artist, the kind of work they did, and how the time when they lived (century, year,
etc) may have influenced their work.
5) Discuss what you like/dislike about these works and give supporting reasons.
6) Comment on your overall experience of your chosen museum. This paper should be a minimum of 800
words. As in all college papers, your paper should include: an introductory paragraph discussing your
selected museum, why you chose it, some information about the museum, some paragraphs that include
your examples of art, and then a concluding paragraph discussing the summary of your online visit