Length 6-7 pages
5 Sources Required
Peer Review Date:
Rough Draft Due:
Final Draft Due:
For your fourth and final paper of the semester you will be writing an argument. You may choose from any
of the argument formats we have discussed in class (Causal, Definition, Evaluation, Ethical or Proposal).
All that matters is you present me with a clear, concise argument with adequately supported backing and
the appropriate level of source work. Other than that, feel free to write on whatever you want sans the
topics listed on the syllabus.
• Produce 6-7 pages of research-supported academic writing with a unifying focus
• Demonstrate competence in the fields of syntax, grammar, punctuation and spelling
• Produce a text that contains coherently structured and logically ordered sentences and paragraphs
• Demonstrate the ability to adopt appropriate voice tone, and level of formality for the rhetorical situation
• Demonstrate the ability to present an argument in writing, with use of evidentiary examples and
Stuff to remember
• Proofread after you spill chick. You night have misspelled a world into another work.
• Come up with a solid title.
• Don’t use “a lot” a lot.
• Pick a tense and stick with it.
• Be economic in your language
• Description and word choice are key.
• Avoid clichés like the plague.