Use all of the resources in Course Content as well as your textbook and additional research sources to
guide your writing. Follow the prompts in the appropriate worksheet from the Aesthetic Experience
Materials area in this module. Apply the skills you’ve developed throughout the course in researching and
evaluating works from the humanities.
Throughout the course, you have applied the practice of critical analysis to a variety of works from the
humanities. This assignment is the capstone of the lessons and activities you’ve completed in this course.
For this assignment, you will VIRTUALLY attend an art museum. [Note: Cinema/film is not an option for this
If, for some reason, you choose to attend a museum or event “in person”, you are assuming all risks and
responsibilities associated with attending. You are in no way “required” to go anywhere “in person” for this
course for the Aesthetic Experience Research Essay or for any other reason.
Before the Experience (Do These Steps EARLY in the Semester)
1. View the Aesthetic Experience and Perception video and read the associated transcript in the Aesthetic
Experience Materials area of this module.
2. Look through the pre-approved list of VIRTUAL art museums in the Aesthetic Experience Materials area
of this module and choose your experience.
3. Plan for and schedule the time and date to do your VIRTUAL chosen experience.
4. After Virtually Viewing the museum, compose a research essay pertaining to this aesthetic experience
based on the detailed instructions in the Aesthetic Experience worksheet. Incorporate terms from the list at
the end of your worksheet.
5. Conduct the appropriate research to support your responses to the worksheet prompts. Be sure to cite
all sources, including the event or work of art.
6. Finally, submit your completed Aesthetic Experience Research Essay Worksheet to this dropbox folder.
(Note: Be sure that the completed worksheet REMAINS in a WORD FORMAT and that your responses
reflect in-depth critical evaluation and analysis based on research with careful editing/proofreading and
research citations before submitting.)