Perils and Pitfalls of leading change – Case Questions
1. What were the underlying reasons for Prado asking Oliveira to talk to Douglas Fischer? Was this part of Clothes and Accessories’ leadership development strategy? What is your opinion of Clothes and Accessories’ Strategy?
2. After the transition with Sara Carvalho, it was clear that Oliveira should lead changes in the store. What changes should he implement? How?
3. Critique Oliveira’s approach on leading the turnaround process. What would you have done differently?
4. What justifies Prado’s reaction when Oliveira returned from vacation? Why do you think Prado didn’t fire Oliveira?
HRMG 6091 Organizational Development and Change
Case Analysis Report and Presentation
The purpose of this case analysis is to provide students with an opportunity to apply the course knowledge of human resource management principles and concepts to an assigned case study and to explore the case study by answering critical thinking questions and preparing a brief report and presentation of their findings.
Students will be required to:
• Think critically of the case
• Use the answers to the critical thinking questions to prepare an 6-page written report based on the answers to the case questions.
• Adhere to APA formatting and submit a report with a title page and references
o The reference for the textbook and pp slides may be found in the course syllabus (the textbook is listed)
• Refer to the grading rubric for further details
Please review the following instructions for the report:
Case Analysis Report Instructions (20%):
1. Read the assigned case and case questions.
2. Prepare a 6 page case analysis report, by answering the following case analysis questions and by following the case analysis format provided (Including title page and references):
3. Write the Report:
a. What is the case all about?
b. What is the background of the case.
c. Tell the reader what your report is about. Summarize what the case is about in your own words. Provide relevant facts, and explain, in your own words, your understanding of the situation.
d. Briefly introduce the assigned topic in the introduction.
e. Assume the reader of your report does not know about this topic of HRM.
B. Problem Statement
a. What is the main(s) problems or issues in the case? Identify 2 to 3 key problems or issues faced in the case.
b. Relate the problem(s) to the course material, in general here, such as a general statement of what the problem(s) will impact, based on the topic.
C. Analysis of issues
a. Refer to the problem(s) above. Briefly discuss the causes of the problems or issues.
b. Link each of the problems or issues to the course material.
c. Answer questions related to the case and provide the analysis from answering these questions into the analysis of issues. For example, prepare one paragraph for each question. Do not list the question and then answer it. Write your analysis in paragraph form.
d. Use subheadings to help organize the analysis of the issues. “Attached”
e. Apply any theory/ model related to Organizational Development / Change. (Discuss with your group members and choose the model/ theory which is not repeated by any member of your group for the case given) “I want to use Kubler-Ross”
D. Evaluation of alternatives
a. Provide three (3) recommendations to solve the problems or issues in the case.
b. Support the three (3) recommendations by using course material from the assigned topic.
c. Add Pros and Cons for the alternatives provided.
d. Provide arguments for each and every alternative
E. Recommended course of action
a. Outline an action plan.
b. Describe how you would implement the recommendations.
a. Conclusion of a report reinforces the points raised in the analysis of the issues section, and ties these together.
b. No new ideas or evidence should be raised in this section – instead it serves to summarize and possibly highlight the report.
c. Provide a summarize of the case, the analysis, and the recommendations.
d. Provide a summary of the main findings and the main learning from the case analysis and review of the assigned topic.
e. Provide any final thoughts regarding the case and assigned topic.
a. Adhere to APA for report writing and citations. Ensure the report is written in Times New Roman 12 font. It must be a minimum of 6-8 pages, 1.5 spaced.
H. Submit your completed report in D2L, Dropbox by your assigned deadline and on the day of your presentation. Reports are analyzed via Turnitin using the Dropbox in D2L.