The DNP program focuses on nurse leadership and provides the student with the
opportunity to develop and implement a quality improvement project within a
selected practice site. Even though the quality improvement project does not
include direct patient care, the intervention should focus on patient outcomes. An
example would be to develop a protocol or policy and lead other health care
professionals to implement the intervention at the practice site. Reflecting on the
focus of the Doctor of Nursing Practice submit an essay that discusses all three of
the following topics:
1. How obtaining a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree will align with
your current or future role as a Nurse Leader?
2. The knowledge, skills, and/or abilities you possess will enable you to
successfully earn the DNP degree.
3. As a DNP student, you will be required to complete a scholarly project.
Identify a problem or a topic of interest in nursing that you may propose for
the DNP scholarly project.
1-877-712-4682 / 787-288-1118- Opción 1
• This essay will be evaluated based on the applicant’s ability to follow the
essay instructions, using a logical/organized thought process, while
demonstrating command and compliance with APA formatting and style
• Ideas should be clear and concise.
• Applicants are highly encouraged to provide current evidence support ideas
through current scholarly journal articles (published within last five years).
Journal articles should be referenced according to current APA style.
• The paper should be double spaced, no less than 2 pages and no longer than
3 pages in length. Cover and reference pages are not included in the page